14 fall ill after eating Sehri meal in Chaman
CHAMAN—At least 14 persons were brought to hospital in critical condition after eating Sehri meal here at Sheen Talab area on Saturday. According to police sources, those fallen ill included men and women. An emergency was declared at the government hospital in Chaman and doctors were called in to treat the patients who were suffering from food poisoning and other illness.
“The condition of the patients was very serious, however, their stomachs were washed out,” the doctors said. It was, however, not clear whether their condition was deteriorated due to eating meal or drinknig, the doctors said. The patients, who were suffering from diarrhoea and vomiting, told the hospital staff that their condition started to deteriorate after having Sehri meal, they added.—APP