KP PA begins debate on supplementary budget
PESHAWAR —Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly Thursday began debate on Supplementary Budget for financial year 2015-16. Leader of Opposition, Maulana Lutfur-Rehman opened the debate. In his opening debate, Maulana Lutf-ur-Rehman said that supplementary budget shows the incompetency of the government and presented to meet deficiency in the budget.
He was critical of the transfers of funds to from one scheme to others and was Billion Tsunami Tree Project was initiated without any prior planning and there was no mention about it in the budget allocations of the outgoing financial year.
He said that the scheme was started with token fund and later Rs.3.70 billion were spent on it and asked the government to tell about from which head, the fund was diverted for the project. The opposition leader said that consecutive scandals are coming against the provincial government and the latest episode is the resignation of chairman and members Board of Directors, Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organization (PEDO).
He said that chairman PEDO has accused the provincial government for lacking planning. He said that in the matter of Bank of Khyber, they have demanded the constitution of a judicial commission headed by the Chief Justice, Peshawar High Court (PHC) and its presentation in the provincial assembly.
Critical of the propaganda campaign of the PTI government on social media particularly Facebook, he said that enough had been done the government should take some practical steps and build the capacity of the officials regarding planning to prevent the need of supplementary budget and complete projects within the stipulated time period. He said that the project is a big scandal and media is continuously working it.—APP
PESHAWAR: Gypsy children waiting for distribution of free food at University Road.