Punjab govt to provide Rs 850m to revive cooperative movement
The Government of Punjab will provide the funds above Rs.850 million for different schemes to promote / make more effective role of the Cooperative Movement in the Punjab. The Secretary Cooperative, Punjab, Mr. Babar Hayat Tarrar was addressing in a meeting here.
"It is very necessary to promote Punjab Cooperative Movement in the current scenario due to which the Government of Punjab is taking the solid steps for its progress," he added. The secretary said that on directions of the Chief Minister, Punjab, Mr. Shahbaz Sharif, the Government of Punjab will provide the funds above Rs.850 million for different schemes to promote / make more effective role of the Cooperative Movement Punjab.
The Government of Punjab has allocated the funds Rs.300 Million to Cooperative Department for providing the tractors to Cooperative Societies. Under such scheme, the member of cooperative society will contribute 25% of the total cost of the tractor and Government will provide the remaining part 75% for purchase of tractor. The repayment will be made in 22 years through half yearly installments.
The Cooperative Department, Punjab has started the work for collection of milk in district, Vehari with the collaboration of plan international. Under the scheme, the government is also desirous to start the work in District, Rawalpindi, Layyah, Muzaffargarh, Bahawalpur, Lodhran,
the Multan, Khanewal, Lahore, Kasur, Sheikhupura and Hafizabad to provide the milk to the needy on minimum price with better quality. The government is providing the funds Rs. 302 Million for the purpose. In addition to this, the kino processing plant will be installed in Sargodha Distt: and for the purpose the member of cooperative society will provide the one acre land and government will provide the funds Rs.30 Million for installation of processing unit.
He further told that the government had provided the funds Rs.100 Million for computerization of whole data of cooperative department, in response the task has been completed and now the data of cooperative societies has also been computerized. The technical wing has also been constituted to monitor the working of cooperative housing societies in a better way. In addition to this, the government has also provided the funds of Rs.9 Million to computerize the data of other cooperative societies.
The Secretary Cooperatives told that the funds Rs.20 Million will be spent on the project for extension of Faisalabad Training College and Bahawalpur Training Institute. The Training Colleges was arranged the training programs in cooperative sector but now the certificates will be issued to the trainees by the Agriculture University, Faisalabad due to affiliation of Cooperative Training Colleges with the University. At the end, the Secretary Cooperatives told that due to such steps of the government, the cooperative movement will play the active role in the society, in future.