Quiz: How well do you know the region?
HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW THE REGION?
1. In the practice of ‘shark calling’, how do PNG men attract sharks to their outrigger canoes?
2. How are the sharks then caught?
3. What is the name for a traditional Papua New Guinean drum?
4. How many Australian cities does Air Niugini fly to?
5. The charitable organisation Oxfam has helped train PNG farmers in apiculture. What is apiculture?
6. How many toes does a cassowary have on each foot?
7. Who is Gautam Adani?
8. Which book does Filipino politician and boxer Manny Pacquiao read every day?
9. Who defeated Manny Pacquiao for the WBO welterweight boxing title in July?
10. Which is the only country with an emperor?
11. The flag of which country is flown with its blue stripe up to indicate the nation is at peace, but red stripe up to indicate it is at war?
12. What is
13. In which city do you need a certificate of entitlement, valid for 10 years, just for the right to own and drive a car?
14. What is a joss house?
15. Name the seed (pictured).