DUTERTE: SEEK SHELTER, FOOD IN MILITARY CAMPS

Stranded because of lockdown?

Bandera - - FRONT PAGE - —Inquirer.net

PRESIDENT Duterte on Friday advised those who would be stranded due to the imposition of the enhanced community quarantine in Luzon to go to military camps for accommodat­ion and food.

“Yung stranded, we will try to help you… your Air Force and your Army will help you wherever you are. Kung wala ka nang mauwian, kung wala na kayong matulugan, I am asking the military commanders of the different camps all over the country that you can go there and ask for accommodat­ion at pagkain,” Duterte said in a taped message streamed online.

“They will, they’d only be too willing to help you. Yun ang ating Army at pulis. Bigyan kayo pagkain at tulugan, and in the meantime, they will try to communicat­e the authoritie­s in Manila to, we will try to, anyway makukuha ko kayo,” he added.

The President enforced a month-long enhanced security quarantine over the entire Luzon as the number cases of the coronaviru­s disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the country continue to rise.

As a result, many individual­s—mostly workers—were left stranded in several bor-der checkpoint­s between Metro Manila and nearby provinces.

“That is a very terrible thing, you know as a matter of fact, it would have been very cruel for you to drive away lalo na yung mga bata nagbakasyo­n tapos walang mauwian, walang tatanggap,” Duterte added.

“My heart bleeds for them, hindi mo malaman kung saan ka pupunta, Pilipino ka naman pero wala namang tatanggap sa iyo. To me, I can understand your refusal. But more than your feeling, yung akin is to somehow protect and help Filipinos in distress,” he added.

The Chief Executive then asked local government units to “move forward together with one accord” with the national government.

“Implement the lockdowns and save our people from the dreaded disease once and for all. Ang pinaka remedyo dito is just to, magkalayo kayo,” he said.

For those who are not able to practice social distancing, Duterte said they can resort to prayers.

“Ngayon kung yung bahay ninyo sa bukid maliliit. Eh dikit dikit kayo. Sabayan na lang din natin ng… Ano bang, prayer ito, dasal. Sabayan na lang natin ng dasal na tutulungan yung mga tao, mga Pilipino na hindi, they are not in a position, wala sa kanilang kakayahan na mag sunod ng social standing,” he said.

But he added that it would still be better to “just keep your distance from strangers or friends.”

“Just so na maputol yung contaminat­ion from A to B, B to C,” he said.

“So it’s actually the social intercours­e that is bad at this time. I hope you can understand us at

maintindih­an rin ninyo kung ano ang ginagawa namin (and you will understand what we are doing),” he added.

The Philippine­s has so far reported 230 COVID19 cases as of Friday afternoon, while one new death was also recorded, bringing the total to 18.

Newspapers in Tagalog

Newspapers from Philippines

© PressReader. All rights reserved.