DOH rolls out manual on adolescent issues
ILOILO City – The Department of Health (DOH) chose Western Visayas to roll out its national “manual of operations” for adolescent health and development program (AHDP).
The first- ever manual for AHDP, which for two years underwent a series of tests, will guide healthcare providers at the local level how to manage young people, said Dr. Minerva Vinluan of the DOH Disease Prevention and Control Bureau- Family Health Office.
The manual has eight sections. These are t he following:
* discussions on t he context of an adolescent
* adolescent health and development program * program development I L OILO C i t y – The Sangguniang Panlungsod (SP) approved the Supplemental Budget No. 3 f or 2017 amounting to P13.4 million.
C o u n c i l o r E d u a r d o Peñaredondo, chairman of the SP committee on and management
* strategies in improving ADHP
* standard for quality adolescent- friendly health services
* building service delivery network
* monito r i n g a n d evaluation * annexes and resources. The strategies i n t he management of adolescent issues are localized in such a way that it will address the problem based on their context, said Vinluan.
The manual was developed appropriations, said the allocation will go to the following:
* Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE)
* Capital Outlay of different offices
* Local Disaster Risk by DOH central office i n collaboration with the World Health Organization.
Dr. Ma. Sophia Pulmones, chief of DOH Region 6’s local health support division, said the department already has its program on adolescent health prior to the release of t he manual, yet t he manual will “enhance the competency” of adolescent health providers.
“A s i d e f r o m b e i n g competent to provide health s ervices, we want our health providers to treat our adolescent clients with Reduction Management Fund (LDRRMF).
The city government has enough resources for supplemental funding, said Peñaredondo.
Some P1.5 million will be spent for the payment of respect and dignity,” she added as the manual also sets standard for adolescent friendly services.
Dr. Reynilyn Reyes, head of family, health and nutrition cluster of DOH- 6, said the manual is “very vital in terms of the technical provision of guidelines to frontline health service providers.”
Yesterday, DOH started the orientation on adolescent health service providers at the provincial and city levels.
In 2018, the manual will be cascaded down to the municipal level.
(PNA) terminal leave benefits of five employees, he added.
Part of Supplemental Budget No. 3 for 2017 will also be allotted to the newly-created position of assistant department head II of the General Services Office amounting to P338,766./