Match your look to the revelry. Make Up for Ever Shows us exactly how.
For an occasion as big as the Lunar New Year, you’ll need a true workhorse beauty look to survive. Choose one that strikes the perfect balance between practical and Instagramworthy—no compromises!
Make Up For Ever artist Lei Ponce has some tips to create a festive look to start the year with a bang: Focus on the eyes and go minimal on the skin. “This look suits the Lunar New Year perfectly because you can wear it any time of the day without looking overdone,” he says. To look even more festive, add a few elements inspired by tradition: glitter and red to match all the decorations.
1. starting with clean and oilfree skin, begin building a fresh and dewy base. for a natural glow, apply make up for ever’s Ultra HD Skin Booster (P2250, sm mega fashion hall). then apply the Step 1 Smoothing Base Primer (P2450) to blur pores and help foundation glide on smoother. choose a light-coverage foundation with a luminous finish: the Water Blend
Face & Body Foundation (P2700) will even out your skin tone while letting your natural skin texture show through.
2. fill in your brows with make up for ever’s Brow Gel (P1200) while you wait for the foundation to set. Prep the lips with a generous layer of the Ultra HD Lip Booster in Cinema (P1500) for hydration.
3. sculpt and highlight your base with the Sculpting Palette (P2550) to define your features, and for a long-lasting flush, layer a nudehued cream under the Sculpting Blush (P1850).
4. Now, the eyes: Begin by creating a sharp cat eye with your favorite black liner. once it dries, outline the wing with a gold line. for a hint of red and brightness, smoke out a red lip liner on the lower outer corner of your eyes and highlight your inner corners with the Pro Light Fusion in Golden Pink (P2350). Line your waterline with a nude eye pencil to open up your eyes, then finish with a generous coat of mascara.
5. for the lips, Lei recommends a red gradient lip topped with gloss. the aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil in #1C (P1350) will serve as the long-lasting base that’ll last through a meal, but the Artist Plexigloss (P1200) will make your lips look amazing.
6. to seal the look, spritz an even layer of the Mist & Fix (P1650) all over the face.