Trillanes bombshell is a dud!

The Mindanao Examiner Regional Newspaper - - News - ( Jerry Dureza)

DAVAO CITY - The camp of presidential frontrunner Mayor Rodrigo Duterte branded the alleged expose of Senator Antonio Trillanes as nothing but a publicity stunt concocted by a vain man only an idiot can come up with.

Trillanes accused Duterte of depositing P210 million in a joint account the latter and his daughter, Sara, held at the Julio Vargas branch of the Bank of the Philippine Islands. The Duterte camp branded the allegation as a product of the senator’s fertile and malicious mind.

First of all, according to Peter Lavina, the senator should be reminded that Mayor Duterte and Senator Alan Peter Cayetano had already signed waiver to open all their bank accounts on March 11 during a rally at UP Los Baños.

Trillanes did not sign that waiver which only Mayor Duterte and Senator Alan Peter Cayetano did.

Anything they will found in there that is excessive, not declared and not in their SALNs are for Trillanes to own,” Lavina said. “Trillanes is a desperate man. A man who has not discarded his putschist past and who has not shown any remorse for his reckless acts.”

Lavina also said that the former navy officer is paying back his benefactor by becoming the attack dog, first, of the Aquino government and, now, Senator Grace Poe. “After he was spurned by Duterte to his offer to become the running mate of the Davao City mayor, Trillanes has been on the warpath ever since. He fancies himself as fiscalizer when in fact he is a wrecking ball,” Lavina said.

The senator was detained after the failed Oakwood mutiny during the Arroyo administration and was released after Aquino took his oath as elected president in 2010. He is running for vice president and supporting Poe.

Newspapers in Tagalog

Newspapers from Philippines

© PressReader. All rights reserved.