Al-Rumaihi wins on opening day
In the Small Tour, Mohammed Abdulla Juma came out on top with mare Venda F
Mubarak Yousuf al-Rumaihi emerged triumphant in the Medium Tour class as the second season of Hathab Equestrian Series kicked off yesterday.
At Qatar Equestrian Federation’s Indoor Arena, al-Rumaihi guided his 16-year-old gelding Vivaldi K to victory after a flawless round, which the pair completed in 39.01secs. Nasser al-Ghazali (Colibri 19) was second followed by Saeed Nasser al-Qadi (Daydreamer EC) in third. The Medium Tour attracted a whopping 33 riders, which shows how much Hathab has gained in popularity since it was launched a year ago.
Al-Rumaihi’s triumph also led Al Salam to top place finish in the team event, ahead of Al Shaqab and Al Kass. The team event has been introduced this year to engage community and businesses in the equestrian series.
Each team consists of three riders and they represent one of the following sponsors: Al Salam (main sponsor), Exxon Mobil, Al Kass, Al Shaqab, QNB, Lusail and Power Steel.
In the Small Tour, Mohammed Abdulla Juma came out on top with 16-year-old mare Venda F in 41.99secs. Saeed Hamad alRashdi (Graffiti De Lully CH) was second, while Mohammd Salem al-Marri (Gin Tonic Van De Kranenburg) took third placed.
A brainchild of HE Sheikh Joaan bin Hamad al-Thani, President of the Qatar Olympic Committee, Hathab was a runaway success in its inaugural season. The second season will also consist of 12 legs and will be held alternatively at Al Shaqab or Qatar Equestrian Federation, the joint organisers of the series.
The QR1mn series provides an opportunity for young riders from Qatar to gain experience and test themselves against other best talents in the country. Like last year, the results of each leg will be used in the selection process of riders to represent Qatar in future international competitions.
RESULTS Individual Medium Tour: Table A, Special Two Phases 120/130cm. Prize Money: QR20,000
1. Mubarak Yousuf al-Rumaihi. Horse: Vivaldi K. Time: 39.01secs. Prize money: QR5,000
2. Nasser al-Ghazali. Colibri 19. 40.19secs. QR4,000
3. Saeed Nasser al-Qadi. Daydreamer EC. QR: QR3,000
Team Medium Tour:
1. Al Salam – Mubarak Yousuf al-Rumaihi (Vivaldi K0) Mohammed al-Ghazali (Alegro 84); Khalifa Abdulla al-Khaldi (Fantastique). Total time: 79.29 secs. Prize money: QR10,000.
2. Al Shaqab –Saeed Nasser al-Qadi (Daydreamer EC), Mohammed Sultan al-Suwaidi (Numero Uno T); Ghanim Nasser al-Qadi (Concordiva Vh Wilgenhof). Total time: 81.27 secs. Prize money: QR6,000.
3. Al Kass –Nasser al-Ghazali (Colibri); Ali Mohammed al-Marri (Fernhill Friendly Touch); Mohamed Khalifa Albaker (Circus). Total Time: 82.09secs. Prize money: QR4,000
Individual Small Tour: Table A, One round against the clock. Prize money: QR10,000
1. Mohammed Abdulla Juma (Venda F) Time: 41.99secs. Prize money: QR2,500
2. Saeed Hamad al-Rashdi (Graffiti De Lully CH) Time: 42.04secs. Prize money: QR2,000
3. Mohammd Salem al-Marri (Gin Tonic Van De Kranenburg). Time: 43.30secs. Prize money: QR1,500
9am: Future riders class (for under12) Optimum Time 70/85cm.
10:30am: Beginner Riders: Table A, One round against the clock 85/100cm
3pm: Open Class Table A, One round against the clock 115/125cm. Prize money: QR15,000
5:30pm: Big Tour Table A, One round against the clock 130/145cm. (6-12 years); QR35,000
Medium Tour winner Mubarak Yousuf al-Rumaihi (rear, centre), runner-up Nasser al-Ghazali (rear, left) and third-placed Saeed Nasser al-Qadi (rear, right) pose with officials at Qatar Equestrian Federation’s Indoor Arena yesterday. Lotfi Garsi
Mohammed Abdulla Juma won the Small Tour class with Venda F.