U.S. Con­sular Of­fi­cer to Hold Ap­point­ments for U.S. Cit­i­zens in St. Lu­cia

The Star (St. Lucia) - - COMMENT -

ACon­sular Of­fi­cer from the U.S. Em­bassy to Bar­ba­dos, the Eastern Caribbean, and the Or­ga­ni­za­tion of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) will visit St. Lu­cia from Tues­day, Oc­to­ber 20, to Thurs­day, Oc­to­ber 22, 2015, to pro­vide U.S. Cit­i­zens Ser­vices and ac­cept ap­pli­ca­tions for U.S. pass­ports and Con­sular Re­ports of Birth Abroad (CRBA). Un­for­tu­nately the Con­sular Of­fi­cer is not able to dis­cuss visa cases dur­ing these out­reach trips.

IM­POR­TANT NO­TICE: The Em­bassy no longer ac­cepts hand­writ­ten pass­port ap­pli­ca­tion forms. You must fill out all pass­port ap­pli­ca­tion forms online at https://ppt­form.state.gov/ and then print them. Please have all forms com­pleted prior to your ap­point­ment and bring orig­i­nals and copies of all sup­port­ing doc­u­ments.

Ap­point­ments will be held at the Peace Corps Of­fice, Castries (Gable­woods Mall, Sunny Acres, up­stairs from RBTT Bank, top floor):

Tues­day, Oc­to­ber 20, - 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Wed­nes­day, Oc­to­ber 21 - 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Thurs­day, Oc­to­ber 22 - 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

You must make an ap­point­ment online to meet with the Con­sular Of­fi­cer. Please fol­low in­struc­tions on the U.S. Em­bassy’s web­site at http:// bar­ba­dos.usem­bassy.gov/ac­s_­con­sularvis­its.html.

Fees must be paid by in­ter­na­tional money or­der or bank draft made out to “U.S. Em­bassy.” PLEASE NOTE: The money or­der or bank draft must have the cor­rect and ex­act amount. We will not is­sue any re­funds. Fees are:

• Child’s pass­port (un­der age 16): US$105

• First adult pass­port: US$135

• CRBA: US$100

• No­tar­i­als: US$50 per sig­na­ture

If you are re­new­ing a 10-year pass­port is­sued less than 15 years ago and can present your ex­pired pass­port, you may ap­ply by mail di­rectly to the Em­bassy. The fee is US$110. If you can­not present a pre­vi­ous 10-year pass­port is­sued less than 15 years ago, you must ap­pear in per­son for an in­ter­view with the Con­sular Of­fi­cer. The fee for this ser­vice is US$135.

All ap­pli­cants must pro­vide: A com­pleted pass­port ap­pli­ca­tion; two pass­port-size photos (2”x 2”); proof of U.S. cit­i­zen­ship such as pre­vi­ous U.S. pass­port, U.S. birth cer­tifi­cate, U.S. Con­sular Re­port of Birth Abroad, or U.S. nat­u­ral­iza­tion cer­tifi­cate; and a so­cial se­cu­rity card. Please bring orig­i­nals AND pho­to­copies of all doc­u­ments. You must also pro­vide a pre­paid air way­bill (FedEx, DHL, LIAT QuikPak, etc.) in or­der to have the new pass­port mailed back to you.

For a child un­der age 16, if both par­ents are listed on the birth cer­tifi­cate, both par­ents must ap­pear in per­son with the child OR a signed, no­ta­rized Form DS-3053: State­ment of Con­sent from the non-ap­ply­ing par­ent/guardian must be sub­mit­ted. Please bring the doc­u­ments listed above PLUS the child’s birth cer­tifi­cate and both par­ents’ pass­ports or other iden­ti­fi­ca­tion. Please bring orig­i­nals AND pho­to­copies of all doc­u­ments in­clud­ing copies of the par­ents’ iden­ti­fi­ca­tion. For more in­for­ma­tion, visit: http://www.travel.state.gov/pass­port/get/mi­nors/mi­nors_834.html.

Ad­di­tional in­for­ma­tion on U.S. citizen ser­vices and links to ap­pli­ca­tion forms are avail­able on the U.S. Depart­ment of State’s web­site at http://travel.state.gov.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Saint Lucia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.