Your guide to buy­ing prop­erty in St. Lu­cia

Tropical Traveller Magazine - - REALESTATE -

So, you like our is­land and are con­sid­er­ing buy­ing prop­erty? Well, there’s a few things you should know. Firstly, if you’re not a St. Lu­cian cit­i­zen you’ll need an Alien’s Land­hold­ing li­cense and here’s what’s re­quired:

• A lo­cal lawyer must reg­is­ter the li­cense • It is a per­ma­nent li­cense, which does not

re­quire re­newal. • The li­cense is granted for a spe­cific prop­erty or

plot of land and is not trans­fer­able. • There is a non-re­fund­able li­cense ap­pli­ca­tion

fee of EC$5,000. • Ap­pli­ca­tions can take up to three months and it’s nor­mally done dur­ing the early part of prop­erty pur­chas­ing process.


The Of­fice of the At­tor­ney Gen­eral will check the ap­pli­ca­tion be­fore it is for­warded to the Of­fice of the Prime Min­is­ter for fi­nal ap­proval and sig­na­ture. The list be­low in­di­cates what will need to be sub­mit­ted:

1. Com­pleted ap­pli­ca­tion form. 2. Full de­tails of the prop­erty or land to be

pur­chased. 3. A value as­sess­ment of the prop­erty or land. 4. Statu­tory dec­la­ra­tion. 5. Four pass­port size photographs. 6. Cer­ti­fi­ca­tion of character re­port from your lo­cal po­lice sta­tion on in­for­ma­tion or lack of in­for­ma­tion on file. 7. Cer­ti­fied fin­ger prints from a po­lice sta­tion. 8. Trea­sury re­ceipt for pay­ment of the ap­pli­ca­tion

fee (EC$1500). 9. Ap­proval in prin­ci­ple, from the De­vel­op­ment Con­trol Au­thor­ity (DCA) in relation to the use of the prop­erty or land.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Saint Lucia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.