SPICY CHICKEN SOUP WITH WINTER MELON ‘GANG GAI SI FAG’
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
1 stick of lemongrass, thinly sliced 15g fresh chilli, chopped 20g shallot, chopped
• Pound all ingredients together using a mortar and pestle for a few minutes to form a paste. Set aside.
100g chicken breast with bone, diced
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 cup chicken stock
150g winter melon, diced salt and pepper, to taste
• In a large pot, toss the chicken breast with the chilli paste till evenly coated.
• Add fish sauce and chicken soup. Boil for 5 minutes.
• Add winter melon and boil for another 3 minutes.
• Adjust seasoning as required. garnish basil leaves spring onion, chopped long red chillies
• Spoon soup into a bowl and garnish with basil leaves, spring onions and chillies. Serve.
Serax Sergio Herman, bowl and deep plate, Q Industries.