NOT-QUITE-WHITE ISN’ T JUST ABOUT COLOUR. IT’ S A MATTER OF TEXTURE, TOO.
1. Waffle knit: hard to find in a sweatshirt, but worth the hunt for a killer vintage look.
2. Prewashed: you don’t want to look too pristine, so find a shirt that’s already been through the ringer.
3. Cable knit: it’s not just for winter.
4. Slub: natural variations in the thickness of the yarn lead to lumpy bits called slubs. They lend jackets an organic, imperfect look.
5. Piqué: a loose knit that lets air circulate better than tighter, flatter weaves.
6. Crumpled: a cotton blazer with some pucker hits the right relaxed note.