WHAT’S IN A NAME?
Natural products use ingredients that are extracted from nature and contain less or zero preservatives and additives.
Ingredients used in organic products are mostly derived from vegetables, fruits and herbs extracts. For a cosmetic product to be truly qualified as organic, it must contain at least 95% of ingredients from an organic origin, whereas the remaining 5% from minerals. Farming must also not include any fertilisers, pesticides and must not contain any GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms), and should not have any added toxins or hormones. Its packaging must also be ecological – meaning it can be recycled and made with recyclable materials.
Environmentally-friendly products should follow an environmentally sound process – mainly in the formulation of the product and its packaging, and eliminating the effects on the environment. It should be biodegradable and contain low exotoxicity, meaning it should respect the person, as humans are part of an environment. In addition, the product should not be destructive to the environment, and should avoid contributing to air, water, and land pollution.