Safeguard your salon clients and staff with these tips:
• Always sterilize instruments between clients. This includes brushes, combs, scissors and razors. The sterilizing solution should be changed regularly and the container shouldn't be overcrowded with combs and brushes.
• Clean sinks regularly – and include a clean
towel to put under the client's neck.
• Hair salons tend to smell like chemical factories with plenty of hair colouring or straightening ingredients at work. These pungent fumes can make people feel sick – and is a sign that the salon is poorly ventilated. Always make sure you have proper ventilation system.
If your salon uses robes and towels, make sure these are washed regularly. Lice can become an issue and can live on brushes, towels and robes.
• Have stylists use a method wherein they won't be able to stick fingers directly into styling jars and containers – this can breed bacteria and be transferred to skin.
• Ensure stylists do not have cuts and sores on