ONE LAST BITE
A traditional pavlova can be difficult to get right, so make a deconstructed mini version instead that pairs beautifully with soft fruit like mangoes, berries and lychees.
By Jachin Tan, executive chef of Skyve Wine Bistro
• In an electric mixer, whisk 2 egg whites on high speed for 1min until foamy.
• Whisk in 40g caster sugar, then 55g icing sugar, for 5min to form stiff peaks.
• Pipe into 4cm rounds onto baking paper. Top each with pistachio nibs*.
• Bake for 3 hours at 75 deg C, then 200 deg C for one minute or until the pavlovas turn slightly golden-brown. Remove from oven and cool.
• Serve with lychee sorbet** and diced mangoes and kiwi fruit.
*Available at Phoon Huat, #01-48 Chip Bee Gardens, Block 44 Jalan Merah Saga, tel: 6471-5250. **Chef Jachin recommends lychee sorbet from The Daily Scoop, #01-78 Chip Bee Gardens, Block 43 Jalan Merah Saga, tel: 6475-3128.