Try this hearty dish for the whole family!
CHICKEN, WALNUT AND BROAD BEAN CASSEROLE
Prep & Cook 4 hours (slow) or 1 hour 20 mins (pressure) / Serves 6
• 1.5 kg chicken thigh fillets
• 2 tbsps plain fl our
• 2 tbsps vegetable oil
• 20 g butter
• 1 large brown onion, chopped coarsely
• 2 medium carrots, sliced thickly
• 2 stalks celery, trimmed, chopped coarsely
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
• 2 cups chicken stock
• 2 tbsps dijon mustard
• 1 medium celeriac, chopped coarsely
• 2 cups frozen broad beans, peeled, shell removed
• 1 tbsp curry powder
1. Toss chicken in fl our to coat, shake off excess. Reserve excess fl our. Add oil into the inner pot. Press SAUTÉ/SEAR HIGH TEMP button on the Philips All-In-One Cooker HD2137, set cooking time for 10 mins and press START (do not close the lid); cook chicken in batches, until browned. Remove from pot. Wipe pot with absorbent paper.
2. Put butter into same pan, press SAUTÉ/SEAR LOW TEMP button, set cooking time for 5 mins and press START (do not close the lid); cook onion, carrot
and celery, stirring, until softened. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Stir
in reserved excess fl our, then stock, mustard and curry powder, stir over on SAUTÉ/SEAR LOW TEMP for 3 mins until mixture boils and thickens.
3. Place celeriac, top with chicken in a pot. Move onion mixture onto chicken.
4. Seal lid, cook on SLOW COOK LOW TEMP for 3 hours or cook on MEAT/POULTRY in Pressure cooking for 15 mins. Press START. 5. Meanwhile, place broad beans in a medium heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water. Stand 2 mins, drain. Peel away grey skins.
6. Add broad beans to the cooker. Close lid. Press the STEW button, set cooking time for 30 mins. Press START. Season to taste. Serve sprinkled with nuts and celery.