Five commandments of Food Safety according to the Department of Health
● Wash hands with soap and Water before handling food and after using a bathroom
● Cook food thoroughly and do not eat half-cooked food. This is because Listeria monocytogenes is very sensitive to heat and will die when food is well cooked
● Do not handle raw and cooked food together, always separate them, for the reasons mentioned above
● Keep food at appropriate temperatures
● When using milk products, make sure that these are pasteurized or at least preboiled and wash non-cooked food with clean running water before ingestion, or at least with pre-boiled water.