ANC MUST FIX MESS APARTHEID LEFT US
I WAS amazed to read President Cyril Ramaphosa’s speech, at the Desmond Tutu International Peace Lecture, (“SA not yet free – Ramaphosa”, Cape Argus, October 9).
Interesting to note how he blames apartheid for hunger, homelessness, illiteracy and unemployment.
In all the years the ANC has been in power, why have they not done something about this?
He also says we cannot talk of true freedom when 10% has more wealth than the remaining 90% combined.
If all the prosperous people left our shores, who would pay taxes to enrich the government when there are still some who continue to ride happily on the Gravy Train, not caring about the underprivileged.
Corruption and crime keeps escalating phenomenally, yet apartheid gets blamed for all the surmountable problems the country experiences on a daily basis.
The past should be forgotten and the future lies in honest and equitable politicians to run our country, so we can once again become a Rainbow Nation and stop all the skulduggery, which will be the ruin of us all.
KAREN SCHAFER Melkbosstrand