OCT 13 to OCT 21 ON SATURDAY
● Join the Kei to Crawford’s Beach 30km Trail Challenge starting at 7.30am at the Kei Mouth Country Club. Entry is R80 per person and can be paid on the day. For more information please contact Steve Gerber on 076-637-1219.
● A second round of auditions for the end-of-year Pantomime, A Lad and a Lamp, will take place from 10am at the Guild Theatre. These auditions are aimed at performers between the ages of 16 and 35 years old. Please contact the Theatre Office on 043-743-0704 for an appointment.
● Visit The Grove Wedding and Function Venue for the Live Well Festival from 11am to 4pm. Presented by the Fine and Fabulous market, the festival will see 40 vendors showcasing eco-friendly and wellness products. Entrance is R10 for adults, free entry for children. For more information please contact Sam Ramsay on 083-784-1558.
● Check out the Marquee Fest at Clarendon Primary School. A morning pop up market will take place from 9am to 1pm with the Beer Festival starting at 6.30pm. Tickets to the Beer Fest are R180 per person, including a meal, and can be purchased at the school’s front office.
● Get festive at the Crawford’s Beach Lodge Pool Party from 11am to 5pm. There will be live entertainment from Jason Gladwin, Wez Thatch and DJ Low P and drinks and food available from the bar. Entry is free. Please contact 043-738-5000 for more information.
● Visit the Gardener’s Market at Kim’s Corner from 9am to 1pm. Lots of greenery and great food will be on offer. Please contact Jerry Leyland on 084-075-4064 for more information.
● Centrestage brings Abba: Here We Go Again to the Guild Theatre from 7.30pm. Tickets are R160 and can be purchased from Computicket.
● Join the Border Motocross Club for a Halloween Night Ride from 6.30pm at the Border motocross raceway in Brakfontein. Tickets are R150 per bike. Camping and braai facilities are available. For more information please contact Lee-ann Bruce Alexander on 084-384-4309.
● Catch Roan Ash live at Legends Showcase Venue from 2pm with local musician, Jason Gladwin as the guest artist. Tickets are R120 and can be purchased at Lee Gold Music or at Legends Showcase.
● Border-Kei Chamber of Business monthly themed, informative coffee and muffin session takes place from 7.30am at the Business Hub and the Hub, Beacon Bay. The cost to members is R200 and non-member is R350 per session. Please contact 043-743-8438 for more information.
● Catch the Sounds of Selborne Founders Music concert at the Guild Theatre from 6.30pm. Current Selborne College musicians and old boys will be performing with the guest artist Bruce Gardner. Tickets are R60 and can be purchased at Computicket. The show runs until Thursday.
● Musicians Deon van der Merwe and Ruhan du Toit, known as Touch of Class, will be performing at the Guild Theatre from 7pm. Tickets at R150 per person are available at Computicket.
● Visit 2Swans for the Dennis Collins Jewellers Chocolate Breakfast from 9am in aid of the Reach For a Dream Foundation. The guest speaker is Pete van Kets and tickets are R280 per person. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets or more information.
● Catch the Throttle Day fundraising event for a day of family dirt bike fun at Wetherd MX Park from 8am. Enduro loop, motocross track; spit braai, refreshments and camping area available. No licence is required as it is a fun ride. Please contact Shane Rutherford on 079-494-2007 for more information.
● Join Shofar Christian Church in Gonubie for a Potjie Competition fundraising event from 11am. The potjies will be judged at 12pm and will be served at 1pm for R40 and refreshments, popcorn and candy floss will also be on sale. Please contact Nicole du Plooy on 084-5203242 for more information.
● Visit the Old Selbornian Club for Oktoberfest from 6pm. Plenty beer, the Harthauser Musi Band direct from Munich and delicious traditional German food will be on offer. Pre-sold tickets are R125 and can be purchased on Computicket. entrance is R150 at the door. Funds raised will go to the ELSPCA. Please contact the club on 043-721-0388 for more information.
MAMMA MIA: ‘Abba: Here We Go Again’ is at the Guild Theatre from 7.30pm