Call your nearest emergency service, especially if the person is unconscious, and supply details such as the type of poison involved, the quantity ingested and the age and weight of the person.
If you know how to administer CPR – a technique to get the heart and lungs working again – first check that there isn’t poison in the person’s mouth. Don’t try to get the person to vomit as this can cause further damage.
Contact the poison helpline on 0861555- 777 for more info on what to do.
Keep all toxic substances such as bleach and paraffin out of the reach of children.