Pear and raspberry bread
Serves 10-12 Prep time and baking: 1 hr 15 min
Store the loaf in an airtight container for 2 days. Warm slices in the microwave or toast lightly before serving. • 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• ¾ cup (130g) organic panela or brown sugar
• 1½ cups (225g) gluten-free selfraising flour
• ½ cup (60g) almond meal (ground almonds)
• 80g butter, melted
• ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
• 2 medium (460g) ripe pears, peeled, chopped (see Test Kitchen tips)
• 1 cup (110g) frozen raspberries
• ¼ cup (35g) natural sliced almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 10.5cm x 22cm loaf pan; line the base and two opposite sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over long sides.
2. Beat the eggs, vanilla and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes or until light and creamy. Stir in flour, almond meal, butter and buttermilk, then gently fold in pear and raspberries.
3. Pour mixture into the prepared pan, sprinkle with almonds. Bake for about 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a skewer – don’t test through a crack. Turn the loaf right-way up onto a wire rack to cool. ✤
Suitable for freezing. Not suitable to microwaving