CAJUN ROAST CHICKEN WITH CORN CREAM RECIPE
Serves 4 Prep & cooking time: 35 minutes • 4 (1kg) chicken breast supremes • 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil • 2 tbsp cajun seasoning • 1 clove garlic • 500g frozen corn kernels • 1 cup (240g) sour cream • 1 cup (250ml) cream • salt and freshly ground black pepper • 175g asparagus halved lengthways • 150g green beans, trimmed, halved lengthways • 1 lime, cut into wedges • 1 cup loosely packed fresh
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and line an oven tray with baking paper
2. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Combine the chicken, oil and seasoning in a large bowl, and season. Cook the chicken, skin-side down, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer the chicken, skin-side up, to the tray. Roast for about 15 minutes or until the meat is cooked
3. Meanwhile, place the whole peeled garlic clove, corn, sour cream and cream in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring until the mixture boils. Reduce the heat, and simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat; blend with a stick blender until almost smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Boil, steam or microwave the asparagus and beans until tender; drain.
5. Serve the chicken with the creamed corn mixture, vegetables and lime wedges. Garnish with the coriander. Not suitable for freezing or microwaving.