THAI SPICY LAMB AND NOODLE STIR-FRY
Serves 4 Prep & cooking time: 30 minutes • 200g dried rice noodles • 1 tbsp peanut oil • 500g Iamb backstrap, sliced thinly • 3 cloves garlic, crushed • 2 fresh small red thai chillies, chopped finely • 2 tbsp fish sauce • 2 tbsp dark soy sauce • 1 tbsp light brown sugar • 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded • 3 medium (450g) tomatoes, chopped finely
• 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh thai basil leaves • ¼ cup (35g) coarsely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
1. Cook the rice noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain.
2. Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat; stir-fry the lamb in batches until browned. Remove the meat from the wok; cover to keep warm.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the wok; stir-fry the garlic and chilli until fragrant. Add the sauces, sugar and three-quarters of the lime leaves; stir-fry until combined.
4. Return the lamb to the wok with the noodles and tomato; stir-fry until the tomato starts to soften and is heated through. Serve garnished with the thai basil, nuts and the remaining lime leaves. Not suitable for freezing or microwaving. ✤