RUM AND RAISIN CHOCOLATE SLICE
Makes 18 Prep and baking time: 40 minutes (+ cooling time) • 80g butter, chopped • 2/3 cup (100g) raisins, chopped
coarsely • 2 tbsp rum • 1 cup (220g) firmly packed
brown sugar • 1 cup (135g) gluten-free selfraising flour • ¾ cup (60g) desiccated coconut • ¼ cup (10g) flaked coconut,
toasted FOR THE TOPPING • 1 cup (160g) pure icing sugar • 2 tbsp cocoa powder • 20g butter, melted • 2 tbsp hot water
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan-forced). Grease an 18cm x 27cm slice pan (inside top measurement). Line the base and long sides with baking paper, extending the paper 3cm over the sides.
2. Place the butter, raisins and rum in a saucepan and stir over low heat until the butter has melted.
3. Combine the sugar, flour and desiccated coconut in a large bowl. Stir in the butter mixture until combined. Press the mixture evenly into the pan
4. Bake the slice for 20 minutes or until browned. Cool in the pan.
5. For the topping: Sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a medium bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients until combined.
6. Spread the topping over the cooled slice; sprinkle with the flaked coconut. Stand until set. Lift the slice onto a board and cut into pieces.