EIGHT TIMESAVERS FOR PARENTS
1. Make sure that bags and lunches are packed, and school clothes are ready the night before, to take the stress out of mornings.
2. Have a central family calendar where all activities are clearly marked.
3. Von Scha recommends having a Stinky Friday, allowing the kids to go to bed unbathed. “You’ll be surprised how much time this opens up, and the kids generally love it!”
4. Try cooking in batches so that you make enough for two or even three meals and then eat leftovers the next night or freeze some meals for later in the week.
5. Use online shopping or home-cooking services (like Ucook) to avoid being stuck in shops.
6. Allow toddlers to sometimes go to school in their pyjamas, or even have them sleep in a tracksuit and just get up and go in the morning, says Von Scha.
7. Involve your children in household chores.
8. Consider adopting a ‘digital sabbath’: banning devices for a set period over the weekends to help your family connect with one another.