Helen Malherbe of Flintlock Grange offers weekend courses that include materials, accommodation and meals.
• 8-10 Jun or 15-17 Jun
Make your own deli meats with Gordon Wright.
• 27-29 Jul – Floral art
Lizel Kruger teaches you clever techniques with flowers.
• 9-12 Aug – Photography Johan Hosten and Leo Theron share their expert knowledge.
• 26-28 Oct – Cocktails
The experts from Molecular Bars hold demonstrations. One-day workshops at Babylonstoren, from 10:00 to 16:00, are educational and practical. All cost R700 per person, and lunch is included.
• 6 Jun – Cycads Ernst van Jaarsveld presents this workshop about cycads.
• 13 Jun – Mushrooms Kotie van Tonder and Liesl van der Walt will educate you about edible fungi.
• 20 Jun – Indigenous succulents Ernst van Jaarsveld introduces you to our country’s drought-resistant pioneers.
• 4 Jul – Indigenous food plants Learn about plants on which the indigenous peoples of South Africa used to survive.
• 11 Jul – Weeds Ernst van