Satellite campus will offer these courses...
This will focus on entrepreneurship, offering information on all levels to those wishing to run a successful small business
• National Certificate in Project Management and
• National Certificate in Project Support Services. These two courses will enable small businesses and contractors to run projects in a professional manner
• National Certificate in Home Care Practices. This will include instruction on the care of the disabled, palliative care, and frail care, and is seen as very valuable in communities where there are insufficient facilities to care for the aged.
• National Certificate in Organisational Transformation and Change Management. This is particularly needed in this municipality, as the smaller towns struggle to cope with the effects of amalgamation.
• General Education and Training Certificate in Hygiene and Cleaning. This will be important for smaller spaza shops to train in food hygiene, and also those who work in schools.
More information regarding the infrastructure and logistics will be available within the next few weeks.
The COO of the municipality, Hans Hendricks, is very enthusiastic about the project, which he sees as “making people employable, and improving the skills of those already in employment”