Grey water don’ts
• Grey water tends to clog pop-up or microjet sprinklers – when watering with grey water, rather use a garden hose. Alternatively, install a filter in your existing automatic irrigation system.
• Don’t pour grey water into the toilet tank for flushing as there’s a slim chance that it could be back-siphoned into your fresh water supply. Pour the grey water into the toilet bowl instead.
• Watering your herbs and vegetables with grey water is not recommended.
• Laundry water in which nappies or other items that possibly contain urine or faeces have been washed should not be reused.
• Grey water should not pool on top of soil; it will provide a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
• Children and pets should not drink or play in grey water. >>