TOP TIPS TO HELP YOUR BABY ADAPT
● Avoid overstimulating your baby, especially during the first three months – also known as the fourth trimester of your baby’s life. There’s ample time for this in years to come.
● Help your baby learn to selfsoothe by recognising bodylanguage and habituation.
● Offer her your little finger to grasp or your pinkieknuckle to suck.
● Place your hand, rolled blanket or teddy bear gently but firmly against his back or bottom.
● Speak to your baby in a deep, soothing, calming comforting voice. She can sense panic in your voice, touch and behaviour.
● Swaddle your baby to recreate the sensation that she is still in the womb.
The first three months are critical for a baby’s survival and the first three years will be the foundation of your child’s learning skills for life. While you are on maternity leave, treasure this special time with her. Use it to get to know one another.
for your baby is soothing Your touch