EAT THIS NOT THAT
Serve this salad at a braai in place of the usual pasta salad.
Replace pasta salad with this delicious veg salad
BRUSSELS SPROUTS, ROAST PUMPKIN & FENNEL SALAD WITH A CREAMY DRESSING SERVES 4
• 300g pumpkin, cut into medium size cubes • 1 tbsp coconut oil • fresh rosemary sprigs • Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE DRESSING
• ¼ cup buttermilk • ½ cup double cream yoghurt • 1 clove garlic, crushed • 5g coriander, chopped • 5g chives, chopped • 2 tsp xylitol • squeeze of fresh lemon juice
• 300g Brussels sprouts, shredded • 2 fennel bulbs, finely sliced • 50g pecan nuts, toasted • 100g bacon, cooked and chopped • Himalayan salt and freshly ground
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the pumpkin on a baking tray, dot with coconut oil and sprigs of rosemary, season well. Roast for 20–30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove and set aside to cool.
2. For the dressing: Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz to combine, season.
3. Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl with the pumpkin. Pour over the dressing and toss together.
4. Place the salad in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
5. To serve: Serve at room temperature.
veg salad with creamy
dressing NOT THAT