5 delicious ways with CREAMY AVOCADOS
BAKED AVOCADO EGGS & SMOKED TROUT SERVES 4
• 2 avocados, halved, stones removed • 4 eggs • himalayan salt and black pepper • smoked trout and chopped chives, to serve 1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Place the avocados on a baking tray, crack an egg into each one and season well. Bake the avocados for 10–15 minutes or until the eggs are set. 2. To serve: Serve hot with smoked trout and chives.
BROWNIES MAKES 16
• 160g almond flour • 2 tbsp cocoa powder • 1 tbsp psyllium husk powder • 1 tsp baking powder • 4 eggs • 80g xylitol • 200g 80% dark chocolate, melted • 2 avocado pears, peeled and puréed • cocoa powder, for dusting 1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC and line a 20x20cm baking tin. 2. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. Beat the eggs and xylitol in a separate bowl, then whisk in the chocolate and avocado purée. 3. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake for 40–45 minutes or until firm. Let it cool before cutting it into squares. 4. To serve: Serve the brownie squares dusted with cocoa powder.
AVOCADO & COCONUT SALAD DRESSING SERVES 4
• 1 avocado, peeled and chopped • 1 clove garlic, minced • 1 tsp fresh ginger, chopped • 5g fresh coriander, chopped • 2 spring onions, chopped • 1 mild green chilli, chopped • juice of 1 lime or 1 small lemon • 1 cup coconut milk • himalayan salt and black pepper 1. Blend all the ingredients and season well. 2. To serve: Store the dressing in a container until ready to serve.
PESTO & AVOCADO PASTA SERVES 4 FOR THE SAUCE
• 1 clove garlic, chopped • 10g basil leaves, plus extra to serve • 50g baby spinach leaves • 70g parmesan cheese, grated
• 1 / cup extra virgin olive oil 3 • 1 large avocado, peeled and finely diced • juice of ½ lemon • himalayan salt and black pepper • 500g pumpkin tagliatelle, cooked according to packet instructions 1. For the sauce: Blend the garlic, basil, baby spinach and cheese, then slowly add the olive oil as you blitz the mixture. Transfer this mixture to a bowl, add the avocado and lemon juice, season to taste and stir through to combine. 2. To serve: Toss the tagliatelle and sauce together, divide it into 4 bowls and serve garnished with extra basil leaves.
AVO & BACON ON TOAST SERVES 4 FOR THE TOPPING
• 100g bacon strips • 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped • 1 tsp paprika
FOR THE AVOCADO
• 2 small avocados, peeled and halved • juice of ½ lemon • 3 tbsp low-carb mayonnaise • 8 slices low-carb bread, toasted • himalayan salt and black pepper 1. For the topping: Heat a frying pan, add the bacon strips and rosemary and cook until the bacon is crispy. Sprinkle the paprika on top, stir well and set aside. 2. For the avocado: Slice the avocado thinly and squeeze the lemon juice over the slices. 3. To assemble: Spread the mayonnaise onto the toast, top each slice with bacon and avocado, and season well. 4. To serve: Serve immediately.