• Put the scale on a hard, level floor.
• Stand on the scale barefoot for best contact with the scale’s sensor pads.
• Wet or moist feet affect the conductivity of the signals and might produce inaccurate results.
• Try to measure yourself at the same time of day, under the same conditions.
• Your weight can fluctuate from day to day due to factors you can’t see, such as water retention, glycogen levels, and bowel movement. That’s why you shouldn’t stress too much about daily measurements. Weekly averages are more useful.