THE BRIT PARADE
1. Burberry’s 2009 snoods were inspired by a hooded Burberry parka made for Sir Ernest Shackleton for his walk across Antarctica in 1914.
2. Winston Churchill, Humphrey Bogart, Paul Newman and Queen Elizabeth II have all worn Burberry.
3. The Burberry coat became known as ‘trench coats’ after being made for all British of cers during the rst world war.
4. Burberry designed bespoke aviation garments for AE Clouston and Betty Kirby Green for their record-breaking ight from London to Cape Town in 1937.
5. The iconic Burberry check was created in the 1920s and used as a lining in its trench coats. Each design has its own name.