Turn the chore of shav­ing into an art form

Men's Health (South Africa) - - REGULARS & DEPARTMENTS - BY AZEEZ JA­COBS & JON ROTH

To­day’s cut­ting-edge tech­nol­ogy makes the art of shav­ing eas­ier than ever.

THERE ARE RE­ALLY ONLY TWO GOOD REA­SONS TO

shave daily – power and sex. One sur­vey found that men with mous­taches were less likely to hold man­age­ment po­si­tions. And a study from Gil­lette and Tin­der re­vealed than clean-shaven men re­ceived 37% more Tin­der matches than their furry ri­vals. Yet de­spite the prom­ise of cor­po­rate suc­cess and ro­mance, the fact re­mains that shav­ing isn’t fun: only 12% of men al­ways make it through a ra­zor- to-face en­counter with­out ir­ri­ta­tion of some sort, ac­cord­ing to Gil­lette. For the other 88% of us, there’s help: the shav­ing in­dus­try is re­spond­ing to men’s needs in ways that used to ap­ply only to women. “There are so many prob­lem-spe­cific prod­ucts on the mar­ket that ev­ery guy can and should have a shav­ing rou­tine tai­lored specif­i­cally to his fa­cial hair,” says der­ma­tol­o­gist Fil­amer Kabigt­ing, of Columbia Univer­sity Med­i­cal Cen­tre.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from South Africa

© PressReader. All rights reserved.