EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS
SUE TORR Torr offers the following suggestions on little ways to save:
• Making your own coffee instead of buying a take-away cappuccino (at R28 a cup) every workday can save you R560 a month.
• Eating one less takeaway burger a week (at R43 a burger) can save you R172 a month.
• Boiling and bottling your own drinking water instead of spending R10 a day on a 750ml bottle of water can save you R280 a month.
• Reducing your data consumption by R35 a week (that’s 100 MB a week) can save you R140 a month.
• Packing your own work lunch instead of spending R25 on a pie and Coke once a week can save you R100 a month.
• Making your own pureed baby food (at R17 for a 1kg bag of apples) instead of spending R14 for a bottle of Purity can save you R300 a month.
• Buying your own nail polish at R40 a bottle instead of paying R150 a month for a manicure can save you R110 a month.
If you implement all of the above savings measures, you will save R1 662 a month.