ANC persists with action despite high court ruling
THE ANC in KwaZulu-Natal will continue with its disciplinary process against Dr Makhosi Khoza‚ despite a judgment declaring its leadership unlawful‚ the outspoken ANC MP said yesterday.
“They said they are going ahead with charging me‚ irrespective of the fact that they are illegitimate.
“On Sunday they are expecting me to appear. But I am still consulting with my lawyer‚” Khoza said.
The province was sent into what could be a leadership crisis when the Pietermaritzburg High Court declared that the 2015 provincial elective conference‚ in which Sihle Zikalala was elected as its chairman‚ was unlawful and invalid.
Huffington Post South Africa reported earlier this week that Khoza said she believed they could not continue the action against her as the leadership of the province was unlawful.
Khoza was charged by the ANC in KwaZulu-Natal for bringing the party into disrepute after her numerous calls for President Jacob Zuma to step down.
Her disciplinary hearing was set to start on Sunday last week‚ but was postponed to this Sunday after her attorney asked for more time.