Fish jumps down angler’s throat
A FISHERMAN in the UK almost died after a Dover Sole he had caught jumped down his throat.
His life was saved by paramedics after the fish wriggled free of his hand and choked him.
The unnamed 28-year-old’s life was in jeopardy after he stopped breathing for three minutes after the 15cmlong fish got stuck in his throat.
His friends administered CPR while paramedics sped to the scene.
They arrived in just two minutes but the patient had gone into cardiac arrest and had stopped breathing.
Paramedics used forceps to grab hold of the fish’s tail, making five attempts to pull it free, but were thwarted by its barb and gills, which were stuck in the angler’s throat.
“Eventually, after six attempts, the fish came out in one piece and to our amazement it was a whole Dover Sole,” paramedic Matt Harrison said.
“I have never attended a more bizarre incident and don’t think I ever will.”