Decorative Stuffed Eggs
12 hard boiled eggs
125 ml mayonnaise salt and pepper
To garnish - gherkins, peppadews, smoked salmon, fresh dill, cayenne pepper & fresh parsley
1. Carefully peel the eggs and halve horizontally using a sharp knife. Slice a small horizontal piece of the bottom of the egg white so that the egg can stay in position and not slide around on the serving plate.
2. Carefully remove the hard boiled yolks from the whites, using a teaspoon.
3. Push the hard boiled eggs through a sieve and mix in the mayonnaise or process until smooth together with the mayonnaise.
4. Use a teaspoon or piping bag with a decorative nozzle to pipe the smooth egg yolk mixture into the cavities of the egg whites.
5. Garnish with any or all of the following: gherkin slices, sliced Peppadews, sliced smoked salmon and dill, a sprinkling of cayenne pepper, parsley sprigs.