Eggs with Bite
1 large red or white onion
1 large ripe tomato red or green chilli
Method To hard boil the eggs:
1. Place the eggs in a pot of cold water.
2. Place on the stove and switch the stove plate to high.
3. Time 14 minutes from the time that you place the pot on the stove plate until the end of the cooking period.
4. Remove pot from stove.
5. our off the hot water and place the pot under cold running water until the pot is filled with cold water.
6. Lift the eggs one by one out of the cold water and crack the shells. Place the eggs back into the cold water. (The cold water will now run between the egg and the shell making the peeling of the eggs much easier).
7. After ± 1 minute remove the eggs one by one and peel.
8. Halve the eggs and put on a serving plate.
9. Whilst the eggs are boiling make the topping:
10. Chop the onion and tomato finely.
11. Remove the pips from the chillies under cold running water. Chop the chilli finely.
12. Mix the chopped onions, tomato and chillies. Sprinkle over hard boiled eggs.
13. Serve as a wholesome snack with beer.