Roast Chicken on coals
1 Large Chicken
30 ml Robertsons Masterblends for Braai Traditional Braai Mix
2 Quartered Lemons
A Handful of Robertsons Bay Leaves
30 ml Olive Oil
1. Make a fire like usual in a weber.
2. Season the chicken with the Robertson Masterblend Braai Mix. Fill the cavity with lemons and bay leaves. Tie the legs together with kitchen string.
3. Rub the chicken with olive oil.
4. Move the coals to the side. Barbeque the chicken on the grill next to the coals, with the lid closed but the air vents open. Barbeque for 20 minutes at a time with the breast side up, with the legs facing the coals, turn the chicken around (not over) so that the wings are towards the coals. Turn the chicken every 20 minutes for about 1h 20 minutes until cooked.
5. Test if the chicken is cooked by piercing the thickest part of the leg, if clear juices run out it is cooked.