Tight se­cu­rity as Kre­j­cir ap­pears

The Star Early Edition - - NEWS -

THE at­tempted es­cape and ex­tra­di­tion cases against Czech fugi­tive Radovan Kre­j­cir were post­poned yes­ter­day in the Kemp­ton Park Mag­is­trate’s Court. Pros­ecu­tor Lawrence Gcaba said all the par­ties had been given the op­por­tu­nity to ac­cess doc­u­ments pro­vided by the State and that he was ready to set a trial date. There was tight se­cu­rity in the court­room, with a num­ber of heav­ily armed po­lice­men present. Kre­j­cir was hold­ing a 500 Sudoku book, his an­kles were chained and he had a prison stun belt around his waist. One of the de­fence lawyers for Kre­j­cir’s co-ac­cused said there was footage that he had not yet seen, which was why a trial date should not be set. Ad­vo­cate Frank Co­hen, act­ing for Kre­j­cir, told the court that Kre­j­cir was moved to a cor­rec­tional fa­cil­ity in the Eastern Cape with­out any­one’s knowl­edge, and he hadn’t seen the doc­u­ments. Both mat­ters were post­poned to April 21. – ANA

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from South Africa

© PressReader. All rights reserved.