DO YOU HAVE OCD?
OCD expert Joseph Zohar lists five questions that can help screenings for clinical obsessions:
1. Do you wash or clean a lot?
2. Do you check things a lot?
3. Is there any thought that keeps bothering you that you’d like to get rid of but can’t?
4. Do your daily activities take a long time to finish?
5. Are you concerned about orderliness or symmetry?
Note: Answering yes to any of these questions does not mean that someone has OCD, but it should prompt further questions along similar lines to these, says author and OCD patient, David Adam. Consult a psychologist or psychiatrist for a full diagnosis.