3 cups flour
1T baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 cups butter, soft
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
3T rose syrup
1 cup milk, warm
4 cups icing sugar
4T cream Pink food colouring
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray four 24cm round cake tins and line with baking paper. In a bowl, sift and mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, beat one cup of the butter until creamy. Add the sugar gradually, and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time until fully blended. Pour in two spoons of the rose syrup.
3. Then fold the flour mix into the wet butter mix. Combine the mixture gently until a smooth dough forms.
4. Divide the mixture equally into the cake tins. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Set aside to cool.
5. Meanwhile, in a bowl beat the remaining cup of butter until creamy and smooth. Mix in the icing sugar gradually on low speed. While beating, gradually add the remaining spoonful of the syrup. Add the colouring and beat until a smooth consistency forms.
6. Spread icing on the first cake layer, and place the second layer on top. Repeat for all four layers, then ice the top of the cake. Dust with icing sugar and serve.