WHAT TO PACK
Our health experts say it’s essential to pack the following items to avoid getting sick while travelling:
1. First aid bag with emergency numbers: This bag should contain any medication you may need should you fall ill, as well as plasters, headache tablets, a mosquito net and emergency contact numbers.
2. Lip balm, mosturiser and mist: These are important, especially if you’re flying as cabin air is very dry. Misting your face and moisturising your body keeps skin healthy, while applying lip balm regularly keeps your lips from drying out.
3. Water bottle: Stay hydrated by keeping a bottle filled with water with you wherever you go. If you’re unsure about the quality of water, drink purified water, not from the taps.
4. Hand sanitiser: This kills germs, preventing you from getting a disease. Keep a hand sanitiser in your bag and use it before touching your food or drinks if there’s nowhere to wash your hands.
5. Head gear: Pack a hat or cap to avoid heatstroke and exposure to the sun.