DOS AND DON’TS OF BRAIDS
WHAT TO DO
1. It’ s your hair that you should look after; not the extensions.
2. You must base your scalp regularly. Invest in good hair products with active ingredients such as jojoba, coconut oil and castor oils. Apply it at least once a week.
3. To prevent product buildup, wash your braids after three-four weeks. Follow with a conditioner to further strengthen your hair.
4. Treat your hairline with TLC because it’s fragile.
WHAT NOT TO DO
1. Do not tie your braids too tightly because that will lead to a weak hairline. And once your hairline disappears, it will be very hard to bring it back to its former glory. 2. Never keep your braids on for too long. Yes, you’re trying to get your money’s worth but anything longer than two months is a stretch.
3. Avoid the temptation to over-moisturise your scalp as that will make your braids look greasy.