MUTTON SAUSAGES SERVED WITH ROASTER KOEKIES (BRAAIED ROLLS)
Prep Time: 2 hrs 30 minutes 4 cups flour, sifted
10 g instant yeast
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar Lukewarm water Olive oil
3T garlic cloves, crushed 100 g butter, softened 500 g mutton sausages 3T honey
3T soy sauce
1 garlic clove
1 red chilli, crushed
1. Mix flour, yeast, salt and sugar. Make a well in the middle, pour enough lukewarm water and oil to form a soft dough. Knead until dough is pliable, cover and leave to rise and double in a warm place.
2. Remove and knead dough again. Take same measure of dough and form round balls, flatten them out a little, place on a baking tray, cover and leave to rise for about 15 minutes.
3. Cook on low coal heat for about 30 minutes, turning all the time. Remove, cut in half and spread garlic butter on rolls.
4. Place the mutton sausages on medium coal heat and braai for about 10 minutes on each side.
5. Mix honey, soy sauce, garlic and chilli together, pour over the sausages. Serve warm with braaied rolls and tomato relish.