● Jonathan Trott’s conduct at the crease is a discourtesy to his opponents and the spectators through whom he makes his living. But we can’t expect a reproof from a coach who condones wasting time as a strategy. They both represent their no-longer-great country.
● England ball-tampering: why did Michael Owen-Smith, Cricket SA’s communications manager, fail to lodge the required formal complaint? A big mistake because even ex-England captains, Michael Vaughan and Nasser Hussain, have called Broad’s actions cheating.
● Regarding England’s blatant time wasting. Maybe they think “daylight saving” happens all over the world.
● Cricket is so boring. And brainless.
● When the English cricketers shout out their hysterical and annoying appeals for nearly everything, their well-rehearsed synchronised screams even manage to drown out the Barmy Army. – Rob Gould
● As they don’t belong to the South African defence force union, will the Barmy Army be allowed to toyi-toyi?