For and against polygamy
● It’s a more honest way of behaving than hiding mistresses and illegitimate children as many men do in Europe and America.
● Marrying widows ensures that a society cares for its orphans.
● Polygamy is a way for ancient societies to reassert themselves in the face of Western cultural imperialism.
● It’s completely at odds with the ideal of gender equality that is at the heart of a modern society.
● It sends out the wrong message about the transmission of HIV/Aids.
● You could argue that a woman having more than one husband is a good strategy for checking the world’s population growth. – The Independent