90 Fifa volunteers get food poisoning
JOHANNESBURG: Ninety Fifa World Cup volunteers were treated for food poisoning after eating breakfast at the Mbombela Stadium in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga, yesterday, Local Organising Committee spokesman Rich Mkhondo said.
“They got sick after eating food this morning. Some of them were vomiting, while others had diarrhoea.”
All 90 volunteers were taken to hospital and a doctor confirmed they had food poisoning, he said.
An investigation had been launched to determine if the food had been contaminated and, if so, how it had happened, Mkhondo said.– Sapa